Business as (almost) usual at
We follow the recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Sweden and our governement and due to the situation with Covid-19, our events and international project meetings are postponed or perfomed online. But we are still working towards a sustainable society as dilligently as ever, with reports and strategies, online seminars and meetings and such. So business almost as usual for us.
Energy Agency for Southeast Sweden
The agency was established in 1999 as an EU project under the Association of Local and Regional Authorities in Kronoberg. The reason was the increased global and European focus on climate change, reinforcing the need for qualified and impartial players in the energy and transport field.
Since 2007 activities have been operated under the Energy Agency for Southeast Sweden Ltd. The company is jointly owned by an association where 3 regional assemblies and 25 municipalities in Blekinge, Kalmar and Kronoberg are members. The Energy Agency's approximately 25 employees work in all three counties with offices in Oskarshamn, Kalmar, Karlskrona and the headquarters in Växjö.
The Energy Agency is working to initiate, coordinate and implement projects aimed at improving the energy efficiency and increased supply of renewable energy in all sectors of society. The agency works strategically and systematically to link the projects at the local and regional level with the projects of the European and international market.
The work of the agency involves managing projects, conducting investigations, creating and maintaining networks and participating in the dissemination of experiences and best practices.
Experience is spread through the organization of activities such as conferences, conducting presentations at conferences and schools, development of articles and reports, brochures, magazines, newsletters and also via our websites.
Regional clients and target groups are both private and public operators in south eastern Sweden.
We are members of
Energy Agencies of Sweden
The Swedish Transport Administraion
Various funding programmes
Be our project partner
The Energy Agency for Southeast Sweden has an extensive experience of European project cooperation, both as partner and coordinator in several different EU-programmes. We welcome initiatives to prospective project consortium, doing our share of developing an idea, as well as develop ideas ourselves and inviting others to participate. Do not hesitate to contact us for further discussions.
Our areas of expertise include biogas, energy efficiency in buildings, behaviour change-campaigns, wind power, solar energy, transport logistics, mobility management, circular economy, as well as dissemination and networking, among other things. By cooperation with us we ensure the project will reach the public sector in Southeast Sweden and the citizens in the region. We can also open doors for cooperation with the industry in different branches in the region. As members of Fedarene we have a broad European network.
See a selection of our current projects
- Act Now! (Interreg Baltic Sea) For energy efficiency improvements in public buildings (2017-2020) https://actnow-baltic.eu/
- BIOFIT (Horisont 2020) support and initiate bioenergy retrofitting opportunities in five industry sectors, namely first-generation biofuels, pulp and paper, fossil refineries, fossil firing power and Combined Heat and Power (CHP) plants. (2018-2021) https://www.biofit-h2020.eu/
- COBIUM (Interreg South Baltic) Introducing cargo bikes in urban mobility. (2018-2021) http://cobium.eu
- CO2mmunity (Interreg Baltic Sea) to facilitate community energy project development as part of a transition to renewable energy sources (2017-2020) http://co2mmunity.eu/
- EMPOWER (Interreg Europe) More carbon reduction by dynamically monitoring energy efficiency (2017-2021) https://www.interregeurope.eu/empower/
- ENERSELVES (Interreg Europe) Promote new policies or improve existing policies to support the integration of renewable energy (2017-2020) https://www.interregeurope.eu/enerselves/
- POTENT (Interreg Europe) Public Organisation Transform Energy Transition (2019-2023) https://www.interregeurope.eu/potent/
- READY (Smart Cities, FP7, EU ) Resource efficient cities implementing advanced smart city solutions. (2014-2019) http://www.smartcity-ready.eu/
- SUPPORT (Interreg Europe) Support Local Governments in Low Carbon Strategies (2017-2021) https://www.interregeurope.eu/support/
- SB WELL (Interreg South Baltic) Supports SMEs and promotes wellbeing tourism in the South Baltic region. (2018-2021) https://www.wellbeingtourism.com/
- Small Scale CHP (Life+ EU) Demonstrates different techniques for small-scale combined heat and electricity production. (2014-2019) http://energikontorsydost.se/smallscaleCHPLife
- TRIS (Interreg Europe) Transition Regions towards Industrial Symbiosis (2016-2021) https://www.interregeurope.eu/tris/
See a selection of notable projects in the past
- Baltic InteGrid (Interreg Baltic Sea) exploring the potential of meshed offshore grids for the Baltic Sea region (2016-2019) http://www.baltic-integrid.eu/
- Biogas Action (Horizon 2020, EU) Promoting the production of sustainable biogas throughout the EU. (2016-2018) http://biogasaction.eu/
- BioMethane Regions (Intelligent Energy Europe) Promoting bio-methane production from the region's prospects. (2011-2014)
- Cirtoinno (Interreg South Baltic) To increase the innovativeness of blue and green tourism small and medium entrepreneurships by integrating circular economy into their services, products and business models. (2016-2019) https://cirtoinno.eu/
- Clean Drive (Intelligent Energy Europe) Introducing clean vehicles to the market (2010-2013)
- Clean Tech International (Interreg South Baltic, ERDF) Developing Clean Tech business in the south Baltic area. (2016-2019) https://www.southbaltic-cleantech.eu/
- EcoStars (Intelligent Energy Europe) Fleet recognition scheme for environmentally friendly fleet operators. (2011-2014)
- ELMOS (Interreg South Baltic, ERDF) Introducing electric mobility as intermodal transport mean in small and medium sized cities in the South Baltic Area. (2011-2014)
- EnercitEE (Interreg IVC, ERDF) European networks experience and recommendations helping cities and citizens to become energy efficient. (2010-2013)
- Energy Neighbourhood 1 + 2, (Intelligent Energy for Europe), Energy saving challenge for neighbourhoods (2007-2010, 2011-2013)
- Low Carbon Logistics (Interreg South Baltic, ERDF) Investigate, test and implement solutions to reduce freight transports. (2016-2019) http://lcl-project.eu https://lcl-project.eu/
- Night Hawks (Intelligent Energy Europe) Reducing night time energy waste. (2013-2015)
- NZB 2021 (Intelligent Energy Europe) Open door campaign for nearly zero energy houses (2012-2015)
- Save@Work (Horisont 2020) Energy saving campaign for public office buildings (2015-2017) https://www.saveatwork.eu/
- SESAC (Concerto, FP 6, EU) - Sustainable Energy Systems in Advanced Cities. (2005-2011)
- SIMWOOD (FP7, EU) Sustainable innovative mobilisation of wood. (2013-2017) http://simwood.efi.int/
- Street Light EPC (Intelligent Energy Europe) triggering the market uptake of energy performance contracting through street lighting refurbishments projects (2014-2017) http://www.streetlight-epc.eu/
- RES-Chains (Interreg South Baltic, ERDF) Promoting sustainable renewable energy supply chains. (2009-2014)
- YEP (Intelligent Energy Europe) Young energy teams in schools investigate the energy usage in school (2007-2010)