Energy Agency for Southeast Sweden
The agency was established in 1999 as an EU project under the Association of Local and Regional Authorities in Kronoberg. The reason was the increased global and European focus on climate change, reinforcing the need for qualified and impartial players in the energy and transport field.
Since 2007 activities have been operated under the Energy Agency for Southeast Sweden Ltd. The company is jointly owned by an association where regional councils, counties and municipalities in Blekinge, Kalmar and Kronoberg are members. The Energy Agency's approximately 25 employees work in all three counties with offices in Oskarshamn, Kalmar, Karlskrona and the headquarters in Växjö.
The Energy Agency is working to initiate, coordinate and implement projects aimed at improving the energy efficiency and increased supply of renewable energy in all sectors of society. The agency works strategically and systematically to link the projects at the local and regional level with the projects of the European and international market.
The work of the agency involves managing projects, conducting investigations, creating and maintaining networks and participating in the dissemination of experiences and best practices.
Experience is spread through the organization of activities such as conferences, conducting presentations at conferences and schools, development of articles and reports, brochures, magazines, newsletters and also via our websites.
Regional clients and target groups are both private and public operators in south eastern Sweden.
We are members of
Energy Agencies of Sweden
The Swedish Transport Administraion
The Swedish National Agency for Education
Various funding programmes
Be our project partner
The Energy Agency for Southeast Sweden has an extensive experience of European project cooperation, both as partner and coordinator.
Our areas of expertise includes biogas, energy efficiency in buildings, wind power, solar energy, transport logistics, circular ekonomy, as well as dissemination and networking, among other things.
We are both happy to be invited to a prospective project consortium, doing our share of developing an idea, as well as develop ideas ourselves and inviting others to participate.
Selection of current projects
- SIMWOOD (FP7, EU) Sustainable innovative mobilisation of wood. (2013-2017) http://simwood.efi.int/
- Small Scale CHP (Life+ EU) Demonstrates different techniques for small-scale combined heat and electricity production. (2014-2019) http://energikontorsydost.se/smallscaleCHPLife
- Biogas Action (Horizon 2020, EU) Promoting the production of sustainable biogas throughout the EU. (2016-2018) http://biogasaction.eu/
- READY (Smart Cities, FP7, EU ) Resoure efficient cities implementing advanced smart city solutions. (2014-2019) http://www.smartcity-ready.eu/
- Low Carbon Logistics (Interreg South Baltic, ERDF) Investigate, test and implement solutions to reduce freight transports. (2016-2019) http://lcl-project.eu
- Clean Tech International (Interreg Sout Baltic, ERDF) Developing Clen Tech business in the south Baltic area. (2016-2019)
Selection of notable projects in the past
- Night Hawks (Intelligent Energy Europe) Reducing night time energy waste. (2013-2015)
- EnercitEE (Interreg IVC, ERDF) European networks experience and recommendations helping cities and citizens to become energy efficient. (2010-2013)
- BioMethane Regions (Intelligent Energy Europe) Promoting bio-methane production from the region's prospects. (2011-2014)
- EcoStars (Intelligent Energy Europe) Fleet recognition scheme for enviromental friendly fleet operators. (2011-2014)
- ELMOS (Interreg Sout Baltic, ERDF) Introducing electric mobility as intermodal transport mean in small and medium sized cities in the South Baltic Area. (2011-2014)
- RES-Chains (Interreg Sout Baltic, ERDF) Promoting sustainable renewable energy supply chains. (2009-2014)
- SESAC (Concerto, FP 6, EU) - Sustainable Energy Systems in Advanced Cities. (2005-2011)